The Big Bend Filipino-American Association, Inc. is a 501(3)c registered non-profit organization.
Join BBFAA Activities
Be a Member!
Please fill out the BBFAA Membership Form in the link above and mail your check to the BBFAA P.O. Box 227, Tallahassee, FL 32302-0227. Or pay online by clicking the links below or the Pay Online Membership buttons above. Thank you for supporting the BBFAA.
You have the power to vote and select the next BBFAA Executive Leadership!
BBFAA 2023 Election Ballots have been mailed out!!! Make sure your voice is heard as the success of BBFAA depends on your votes.
Due to unforeseen delays in the mail delivery system, we have extended the dates for returning the ballots and have rescheduled the Election Day.
We would like all BBFAA members to promptly vote and return your ballots before the postmarked deadline: Thursday, November 16. Please allow 3 to 4 mailing days for the ballot to physically arrive on time to ensure your votes are counted on Election Day: Tuesday, November 21st.
All BBFAA Members and candidates are invited to witness the Election Committee open ballots and count the votes. Location: Panda Buffet, 3507 Thomasville Road (next to Popeye’s). The Election Committee will announce the winning candidates on Election Day, BBFAA Facebook Live, the email listserv, and the BBFAA website.
Thank you for your participation!
The BBFAA Elections Committee
- Saturday, October 14: Mail your BBFAA Nomination Forms
- Wednesday, October 25: Decision Day from Candidates. Please tell us if you’re running for Officer/Board Member.
- Saturday, November 4: Ballots are mailed.
- Saturday, November 4: Meet the Candidates at Pista sa Nayon, Filipino Festival.
- Thursday, November 16: Ballots must be mailed and postmarked by this date. Please mail your ballots ASAP to ensure your votes arrive on time to be counted on Election Day. They should be postmarked on this date.
- Tuesday, November 21: Election Day at Location at Panda Buffet, 3507 Thomasville Road (near Popeye’s) from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Council of Cultural Arts Grant
BBFAA has been approved to receive $1260 in Cultural Grant and $360 Marketing Grant for FY24 in COCA Grants. The Cultural Grant (City Grant) has not been finalized in which BBFAA requested $10K. We will hear more information soon as we have just submitted the FY2023 Final Grant Report.
Thank you for your support! – Click here to view the 2022 BBFAA Pista sa Nayon Patron Sponsors and Businesses/Organizations.
Pista sa Nayon – Filipino Festival
Event: BBFAA Annual Christmas Party
- Date/Time: Saturday, December 9, 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Location: DoubleTree, 101 South Adams Street
- Cost: Member Adult – $35; Nonmember Adult – $45, Member Child (younger than 12 years old) – $10, Nonmember Child (younger than 12 years old) – $15.
- Details: At this time, the BBFAA Christmas Party is now FULLY RESERVED, and we have reached the 160 capacity limit for reservations, so we are no longer taking reservations for the Christmas party. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact Lally Mosley (phone: 850-766-0281) or Elvie Edens (phone: 850-491-768. 7) if you have any questions. This is a buffet dinner. Parking downtown is limited. so please allow yourself enough time to find parking and walk to the DoubleTree Hotel.
Event: New BBFAA choir
- BBFAA Choir Co-Leads: Michelle Riley and Barbara Reyes
- Location: St. Louis Catholic Church, Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: Volunteers are needed for the Tagalog Choir to support the Tagalog Mass. The choir will have scheduled practices. Please RSVP to Vice President Michelle Riley if you are interested. Please come to practice as we would love to hear your voices
BBFAA Leadership 2021 - 2023
- President Sonny Abad
- Vice President Michelle Riley
- Secretary Nelly Guarda
- Treasurer Elvie Edens
- Auditor Dinah Johnson
- Public Relations Officer Clarisse Grise
Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board Mafe Brooks
- Vice Chair Board Member Ed Acoff
- Board Member Romeo Aggabao (Past President)
- Board Member Earl Campos (Past President)
- Board Member Lally Mosley
- Board Member Alice Cruz
- Board Member Jun Agbunag
BBFAA Members are welcome to attend the Executive Meeting held each month. Location TBA. Contact any Officer/Board member for more information.
BBFAA US Educational Grant $500
The BBFAA Volunteer Student Service Award is currently active for the Fall Football Season. High school seniors and college students, who volunteer the most hours at the FSU Concession Stands, will be awarded a $500 US Educational Grant. Please contact Lally Mosley to volunteer at phone: 850-766-0281.
Jason Munoz received this award for volunteering the most hours at the FSU concession stands in 2022. BBFAA is thankful for his service.
Essay Contest Winners:
Christopher “Justin” Salvador (Winning Essay)
TikTok Video Winner:
@rmcguarda My TikTok entry for the 2023-2024 Pilar Hinchcliffe Educational Grant. In this video, I will try to educate you on the traits, values, and culture of the Philippines with a comedic twist. Through performing arts and skits demonstrated throughout this video, I hope I can exemplify one very good Filipino trait, and that is spreading humor and positivity. Through comedy I hope to show you that education is POWER and that we treasure our familial relationships. #BBFAA2023 ♬ original sound – rmcguarda
Chair: Mrs. Dinah Johnson, Ed.S., MPA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair: Virginia Cardenas, DNP, FNP, APRN-C, PMHNP-BC, Doctor of Nursing Practice
BBFAA FSU Volunteer Concession
Sign up to be a BBFAA Concession Stand Volunteer
- All volunteers must be over the age of 18 years and take a 2 hour training.
- Please meet 4 hours before kickoff. Transportation at Olive Garden.
- Dress code: Black or khaki pants/long shorts. No jeans or leggings. Non-skid shoes with covered toes and clear bag policy.
Click on the logo below to sign up as a volunteer
2023 FSU Football Schedule
|Saturday, September 9||FSU v. Southern Miss Golden Eagles|
|Saturday, October 7||FSU v. Virginia Tech Hokies|
|Saturday, October 14||FSU v. Syracuse Orange|
|Saturday, October 21||FSU v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons|
|Saturday, November 11||FSU v. Miami Hurricanes|
|Saturday, November 18||FSU v. North Alabama Lions|