Join BBFAA Activities
Be a Member!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the discounted membership fee of $25 has been extended until September 30, 2020. Please fill out the BBFAA Membership Form in the link above and mail your check to the BBFAA P.O. Box 227, Tallahassee, FL 32302-0227. Or pay online by clicking the links below or the Pay Online Membership buttons above. Thank you for supporting the BBFAA.
Effective July 1st, St. Louis Catholic Church welcomes Father Alberic. Bishop William Wack, CSC, has appointed Fr. Alberic Lazerna, to be the new Parochial Administrator of St. Louis Catholic Church, effective July 1, 2020. Father Alberic has been the Parochial Vicar at Little Flower in Pensecola. Welcome to St. Louis, Fr. Alberic!
BBFAA’s Dr. Portia Dinoso Campos featured in Tallahassee Woman Magazine, celebrating Asian Pacific Heritage Month, Page 30. (April/May 2020)
BBFAA Choir Director: Ferdie Francisco
2020 Calendar of Events
BBFAA Members: As we learn more about the Coronavirus and its effects on every day life, the BBFAA is cancelling all events until further notice.
Event: FSA hosts the International Cafe Cancelled
- Date/Time: Wednesday, April 1 ,2020
- Location: International Globe, Tallahassee, FL
Event: BINGO Cancelled
- Date/Time: Friday, April 24,2020
- Location: St. Louis Church ,3640 Fred George Road , Tallahassee, FL 32303
Event: FSU Spring Football Game/Pizza Hut Revenue Opportunity. Cancelled until further notice.
- Date/Time: Saturday, April 18,2020
- Location: FSU Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL 32306
- Details: We need up to 14 people to volunteer. Pizza Hut is paying the BBFAA for each person who volunteer. Your support is appreciated.
Event: Flores de Mayo Cancelled
- Date/Time: Saturday, May 2, 2020
- Location: Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: Please bring flowers
Event: Summer Picnic Cancelled until further notice.
Event: Pista sa Nayon- A Fiesta Filipino This event has been cancelled for September 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to coming back strong with our community celebration in 2021!
Jan 2019-Dec 2021
- President Earl Campos
- Vice President Dinah Johnson
- Secretary Lillian Plank
- Treasurer Roselle Gainer
- Auditor Michelle Riley
- Public Relations Officer Ferdie Flores
Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board Sue Sparks
- Board Member Clyde Diao (Fmr President)
- Board Member Arneil Reyes (Fmr President)
- Board Member Romy Aggabao (Fmr President)
- Elected Board Member Mandy Escueta
- Elected Board Member Eleonor Lipman
- Elected Board Member Lally Mosley
BBFAA Members are welcome to attend the Executive Meeting held each third Friday of the month. Location TBA. Contact any Officer/Board member for more information.
2020 BBFAA Educational Grant Information
Due to the COVID-19, the US Grant Committee is extending the receipt of essays until May 31. Along with the extension date, copies of your transcript can be used in lieu of an official transcript.
Stephen Johnson (Winning Essay)
Visit our FACEBOOK page for pictures of BBFAA Activities.
Sign up to be a BBFAA Concession Stand Volunteer
Click on the logo below to sign up as a volunteer
2020 FSU Football Schedule
Please CLICK Here, or the picture above, to sign up and volunteer for 1 hour to 1.5 hours. High School students will receive Bright Future hours.
Contact Person: Sonny Abad (850) 443-2694, or email Sonny Abad.
Event: Sinulog 2020
- Date/Time: Sunday, January 26 at 12:15 noon
- Location: Blessed Sacrament Church, 624 Miccosukee Rd., Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Details: This is a potluck event after the 12:15 mass. Click here to sign up for the potluck
Event: BBFAA General Membership Meeting
- Date/Time: Sunday, February 9 at 2.p.m to 5 p.m
- Location: Leon County Supervisor of Elections Office, 2990-1 Apalachee Parkway near Lynn’s Oriental Seafood Market, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Event: International Bazaar
- Date/Time: Saturday, February 15 at 2.p.m to 5 p.m
- Location: FSU Ballroom, Tallahassee, FL 32306
Event: Valentine’s Party
- Date/Time: Friday, February 14, 2020 from 6 to 11 p.m.
- Location: American Legion, 229 Lake Ella Drive, Tallahassee, FL
- Details: This is a dinner/dance. Cost: $35/couple; $20/person; $10/performer student;$5/child less than 5 y.o. To purchase tickets, please text (or Facebook message) Lally Mosley at 850-766-0281 or Ferdie Flores at 850-570-4468. Please purchase tickets in advance.