Join BBFAA Activities
Be a Member!
BBFAA Choir Director: Ferdie Francisco
2020 Calendar of Events
Event: Sinulog 2020
Date/Time: Sunday, January 26 at 12:15 noon
Location: Blessed Sacrament, 624 Miccosukee Rd., Tallahassee, FL 32308
Event: BBFAA General Membership Meeting
Event: Valentine’s Party
Date/Time: Friday, February 14, 2020 from 6 to 11 p.m.
Location: American Legion, 229 Lake Ella Drive, Tallahassee, FL
Details: This is a dinner/dance. Cost: $35/couple; $20/person; $10/performer student;$5/child less than 5 y.o. To purchase tickets, please text (or Facebook message) Lally Mosley at 850-766-0281 or Ferdie Flores at 850-570-4468. Please purchase tickets in advance.
Jan 2019-Dec 2021
Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board Sue Sparks
Board Member Clyde Diao (Fmr President)
Board Member Arneil Reyes (Fmr President)
Board Member Romy Aggabao (Fmr President)
Elected Board Member Rowena Ford
Elected Board Member Narlito Cruz
Elected Board Member Lally Mosley
BBFAA Members are welcome to attend the Executive Meeting held each third Friday of the month. Location TBA. Contact any Officer/Board member for more information.
2019 BBFAA Educational Grant Information
Stephen Johnson (Winning Essay)
Visit our FACEBOOK page for pictures of BBFAA Activities.
Sign up to be a BBFAA Concession Stand Volunteer
Click on the logo below to sign up as a volunteer
2019 FSU Football Schedule
Please CLICK Here, or the picture above, to sign up and volunteer for 1 hour to 1.5 hours. High School students will receive Bright Future hours.
Contact Person: Sonny Abad (850) 443-2694, or email Sonny Abad.
- January: Sinulog (Festival of Santo Nino)
- February: The BBFAA General Meeting will be held on Sunday, Feb 24th at 2 p.m. at Dorothy B. Oven Park off of Thomasville Road. Nominations for Public Relations Officer and Board Member are currently being accepted. Please email your nominations to Sue Sparks before Friday, February 15th. This is a potluck event, and everyone is invited to attend.
- Valentine’s Day Party (February 9th, 6-11 p.m. at American Legion)
- International Bazaar at the FSU Oglesby Union Ballroom (February 16th, 2-5 p.m.). Volunteers are needed to staff the table for 1-3 hours.
- Meet Sheryn Regis, the Crystal Voice of Asia, and Ferdie and the Band (February 17th, 1:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church. Purchase tickets from Gloria or Klarizza Aggabao. Click here to visit Facebook page “Meet Sheryn Regis”
March: Adopt-a-Street on Saturday, March 30th at the Gulf Winds Credit Union, 2906 Kerry Forest Parkway from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Dress casual and students can get volunteer hours for their Bright Futures Scholarship. Click here to sign up!
- Let’s Go Bingo on Friday, March 1st, 6:30 p.m. at the Parish Hall of St. Louis Catholic Church, 3640 Fred George Road, located at the corner of Old Bainbridge Road. Details: Proceeds will benefit the BBFAA Philippine Scholarship Fund. Food will be provided for purchase. There will be a lot of prizes to win, so bring your game on!
- Movie, “Alone Together,” (with English subtitles) on Sunday, March 31st at 1:00 p.m.at the Faith Presbyterian Church at 2200 N. Meridian Rd. $15/per person admission. For tickets and info, please call Big Bend Filipino American Association Inc. (BBFAA) at 850.544.5622 or call Lally Abad Mosley at 850.766.0281/ Ferdinand Flores 850.570.4468. Click here to view the “Alone Together” movie trailer
April: FSU-FSA Barrio Fiesta (Apr TBA at Oglesby Union FSU)
Philfest, Tampa, April 5-7. Fiesta Mo Sa Florida and BBFAA Members will be representing BBFAA. Click here to visit FMSF website.
Novena Schedule at Blessed Sacrament:
April 11-12, Novena begins at 3 p.m.
April 13: Novena after 5 p.m. mass (6 p.m.)
April 14: Novena after 12:15 p.m. Mass (1:30 p.m.)
April 15 to 18: Novena starts at 5 p.m.
April 19: Novena starts at 2 p.m.
Baseball Concession: FSU v. Clemson. We need 8 to 10 volunteers for each of these dates:
Friday, April 12 at 6 p.m. Click here to sign up!
Saturday, April 13 at 6 p.m. Click here to sign up!
Sunday, April 14 at 1 p.m. Click here to sign up!
Softball Concession: FSU v. Duke. We need 8 to 10 volunteers for each of these dates:
Friday, April 26 at 6 p.m. Click here to sign up!
Saturday, April 27 at 1 p.m. Click here to sign up!
Sunday, April 28 at 12 noon. Click here to sign up!15 v
May: Adopt-a-Street on Saturday, May 18th at the Gulf Winds Credit Union, 2906 Kerry Forest Parkway from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Dress casual and students can get volunteer hours for their Bright Futures Scholarship. Click here to sign up!
- Flores De Mayo on Saturday, May 4th at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church. Novena is at 4:30 p.m. Mass starts at 5 pm Mass. The Procession starts at 6:15 p.m. Please bring flowers. This is a potluck event. Please contact Charito Manzo for more information.
- 2019 Asian American Heritage Month Celebration (Free admission) on Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 4 p.m. at the Lincoln High School Auditorium, 3838 Trojan Trail, Tallahassee, FL 32311. The Celebration will feature performances from several Asian American groups. The premier performance of the Celebration this year will be “Buddha, Universal Ambassador of Peace”, a musical in English. Click here to view Asian American Heritage Month promotional video.
June: 2019 BBFAA Annual Picnic at the FSU Reservation, 3226 Flastacowo Road, Tallahassee, FL 32310 starting at 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 15th. This is a potluck event with a lechon courtesy of the BBFAA Officers, Board Members, and the Birthday Club. Halo-halo will be sold by FMSF (cash or check). We will have lots of fun and activities. We will also have a membership drive (cash or check). Please join us!
Entrance Fees: $3.00 for 16 years and over; $1.00 for 7 to 15 years old: Free for 6 and under; Free for FSU students with valid FSU ID. Watercraft rentals are available for paddle boards, kayaks, and sailboats (Free for FSU students with a valid FSU ID). Click here to visit the FSU Rez website.
July: Adopt-a-Street on Saturday, July 20th at the Gulf Winds Credit Union, 2906 Kerry Forest Parkway from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Dress casual and students can get volunteer hours for their Bright Futures Scholarship. Click here to sign up!
BBFAA Zummer Zumba! Sweat it Out for a Cause from 2 pm to 3:30 pm on July 13 at Kinetix Health Club Killearn, located at 2910 Kerry Forest Pkwy, Ste C-1, Tallahassee, Florida 32309. 10 dollar suggested donation. For more information, contact Dr. Narlito Cruz.
Pista sa Nayon – Filipino Festival
Date: Saturday, September 14, 2019, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Kleman Plaza, Tallahassee, Florida
Pista sa Nayon is a Fiesta Filipino that is held annually to showcase Filipino culture, art, and food. This event is FREE and open to the public. Please join us for this wonderful event.
Sign up here for the Karaoke Contest. We need 5 adults and 5 children performers. Please provide two songs you want to sing. For more information, please contact Sue Sparks Cash prizes will be awarded!
Enter the Filipino Dessert Contest. This is your chance to showcase your talent in Philippine cuisine. Or be a judge for only $5.00 (cash or check only) to choose the winner and sample our Philippine desserts. Click here for more details or contact Dinah Johnson. Cash prizes will be awarded!
Please print the Sponsor/Registration Form and mail to:
P.O. Box 227,
Tallahassee, FL 32302-0227
August: Adopt-a-Street on Saturday, August 17th at the Gulf Winds Credit Union, 2906 Kerry Forest Parkway from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Dress casual and students can get volunteer hours for their Bright Futures Scholarship. Click here to sign up!
Bingo III at Blessed Sacrament on Friday, August 9, 2019. More details to come.
- Pista Sa Nayon “a Fiesta Filipino” (September 14th at Klemen Plaza)
- Pista Sa Nayon “a Fiesta Filipino” (September 14th at Klemen Plaza)
October: Adopt-a-Street on Saturday, October 26th at the Gulf Winds Credit Union, 2906 Kerry Forest Parkway from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Dress casual and students can get volunteer hours for their Bright Futures Scholarship. Click here to sign up!
Experience Asia (October 5th at Bloxham Park)
December: BBFAA Annual Christmas Party at the University Center Club at FSU on Saturday, December 14, 2019 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Dunlap Champions Club West-4th floor. Deadline for reservations: December 8, 2019. Click here for the Christmas Party Reservations Form and view more details.
Please send your Christmas Party Reservations forms and payments (check payable to BBFAA) to: BBFAA c/o Roselle Gainer, 5718 Roanoke Trail, Tallahassee, FL 32312.
Adopt-a-Street on Saturday, December 14th at the Gulf Winds Credit Union, 2906 Kerry Forest Parkway from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Dress casual and students can get volunteer hours for their Bright Futures Scholarship. Click here to sign up